What women over 50 need to know about men over 50
As we age there are some gender related characteristics that may be baffling to a partner. Here are some clues to what they are and how to deal with them.
- Men’s testosterone levels are decreasing, and depending on their age and their testosterone levels to begin with, testosterone can diminish to a low level. All the characteristics associated with testosterone can lessen–including their energy, motivation, risk-taking and sex drive.
- Men can become cranky and irritable – the grumpy old man syndrome. It’s not just you it’s everyone. He thinks that everyone else has a bad attitude. A good indicator of Andropause.
- There can be an increase in sexual problems, including difficulties getting and keeping erections, having orgasms and fatigue during sex. More touching and foreplay can help stimulate arousal and deepen the sensual experience. Conversation and connection can draw you closer.
- Or their sex drive could be alive and well. If you want or are considering having sex, you need to talk to your potential lover as find out what’s happening with him sexually to make sure you are compatible.
- They may be sensitive about their appearance. Lower testosterone generates more estrogen which leads to more visceral belly fat which is very difficult to get rid of.
- They may have health issues. It seems like the older you get the more time you spend in the doctor’s office. Many of the prescriptive remedies have side effects that require still more remedies. all of this saps the energy levels and can lead to depression.
- If they are healthy and active, they want a partner with whom they can share and active life. This may be the best time of their lives. They might be more relaxed and able to play and have more fun.
- They’ve lived longer, have more experience, could be eager to connect and able to be a better mate than when they were young. Men at this age generate oxytocin more easily because there is less testosterone to block it. This bonds them even closer to you.
Remember, you have to know how the airplane works or you could crash. If you don’t know how you work and how your partner works, you could crash.